Friday, July 25, 2008

Here's the Drill

Article Summary:

Forbidding directional drilling for oil and gas underneath the Great Lakes was bad energy policy when it was approved by lawmakers in 2002, and it's bad energy policy now. The Michigan Environmental Science Board has concluded that “[T]here is little to no risk of contamination to the Great Lakes bottom or waters through releases directly above the bottom hole portion of directionally drilled wells." Michigan needs both the energy resources underneath the lakes and the economic benefits that would come with bringing them out.

Please post your comments on this issue...

1 comment:

andrea chiu said...

Hi, just passing by your site to see something that will interest me and luckily you impressed me with your great article and I have a great time reading everything that is written. I'm looking forward to see more of your write-ups. If you have time you can also visit my site which indicated below.

nadine

www.triciajoy.com